Certificate in e-Governance in Africa
4-8 September 2017
9-13 October 2017
The Certificate in e-Governance in Africa fosters:
- understanding of the major paradigms in, and perspectives on, e-governance
- consideration of policies and practices in e-government formation
- analysis of processes and performance in e-government implementation
The programme is aimed at senior and middle managers in government dealing with public sector transformation and e-governance. It is also aimed at e-government practitioners and researchers working in the non-profit environment. Industry practitioners involved in the implementation of e-government will also benefit from participating in the course. The course will thus be of interest to:
- professionals and senior managers in national, provincial and local government
- practitioners in e-education and e-health
- information and content managers
- business analysts
- IT and telecommunications managers, architects, planners
- business, marketing representatives
Prospective applicants should have at least a school-leaving certificate, and preferably also an undergraduate qualification. Relevant work experience, as assessed by the LINK Centre, will benefit applicants. Participants should have a sound working knowledge of business processes in their area of public service specialisation. A user knowledge and practice of IT or content management is desirable, but not essential.
This programme, delivered in Johannesburg, includes 10 days' contact time, as well as pre-course guidance and post-course feedback.
Interactive, participatory learning processes and approaches are used in course delivery. The facilitators are drawn from amongst academics, professionals and practitioners so as to provide a suitable blend of theory and practice. Teaching and learning tools include a combination of cases, classroom exercises, group projects, individual projects, readings, and individual and group presentations. Participants are thus able to learn not only from the facilitators but also from their own experiences and those of their colleagues.
ZAR34,200.00 (VAT included)
Mark Burke, Visiting Researcher, LINK Centre: email@example.com
Contact Eunice Sediti, Programme Administrator, Wits Enterprise, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +27-11-717-4592