The Refugee Unit run is by Alicia Raymond; & operates every Wednesday and Friday from 12h00– 13h30
The Refugee Unit deals with problems affecting asylum-seekers, refugees and undocumented migrants which include:
- Litigating in the High Court where asylum-seekers and refugees have received unfair treatment in the administrative process
- Applications for certification to the Standing Committee for Refugee Affairs
- Preparing and representing asylum seekers at Refugee Appeal Board Hearings
- Obtaining the necessary travel and identity documents for refugees
- Obtaining decisions in respect of applications for permanent residence made in Gauteng
- Providing assistance to undocumented migrants with regularising their residence within the Republic of South Africa.