Graduation dates 2017
Should your graduation date coincide with a religious holiday, please inform your Faculty as they will assign you to another graduation ceremony.
Our graduations are divided into three clusters: March, July and December.
December Graduation-Click to download:
Final Graduation Lists-Click to download:
- CLM Ceremony 24: 05 December; 09:30.
- HUMANITIES Ceremony 25: 05 December; 14:30.
- SCIENCE Ceremony 26: 06 December; 09:30.
- EBE Ceremony 26: 06 December; 09:30.
- EBE(UG) Ceremony 27: 06 December: 14:30.
- HEALTH SCIENCES Ceremony 28: 07 December; 09:30.
- HEALTH SCIENCES Ceremony 29: 07 December; 14:30.
- HEALTH SCIENCES Ceremony 30: 08 December: 09:30.
Gordon Harris Photographic offers two services at our graduation ceremonies.
For ordering of gowns and hoods, please contact House of Graduates
Protocol for graduands and guests
- All graduation ceremonies take place in the Great Hall, East Campus.
- Each graduand will be allocated two guest tickets.
- Tickets are collected and academic attire is hired from CB228. Please note that the collection of tickets, academic attire and taking of photos requires at least an hour of your time, therefore it is recommended that you arrive at least 90 minutes before the commencement of the ceremony. Please ensure that you have your academic attire before entering the Great Hall.
- Graduands must please keep their graduand ticket with them at all times as they need it when crossing the stage.
- No children under the age of 7 are allowed into the Great Hall and no exceptions will be made.
- Flash photography is not allowed in the Great Hall and cell phones must be switched off during the ceremony.
- Kindly ensure that your guests are seated at least 30 minutes before the start of the ceremony. Guests who arrive once the ceremony has started will NOT be allowed into the Great Hall and will be guided to an overflow area from where they can watch a live broadcast of the ceremony.
- Vuvuzelas, whistles or any noise-emitting instrument is strictly prohibited and will be confiscated in the Great Hall.
- In keeping with the formal nature of our graduation ceremonies, we would like to remind you that the dress code is formal and respectable.
- Inappropriate behaviour towards University staff will not be tolerated and security staff may be requested to remove people who disrupt the proceedings at any stage.
Arrangements for Persons with Disabilities
Should you or your guests have a disability and require assistance during the graduations, please make prior arrangements with the Exams and Graduations Office (EGO), in order to be suitably accommodated e.g. blind, wheelchair users, Deaf persons requiring Sign Language interpreting, access to disability parking bays.
Hearing induction loop system: The Great Hall has been fitted with a hearing induction loop system for direct transmission of announcements over the public address system. To benefit from this system, persons with hearing aids fitted with a ‘T’ switch, must ensure that the hearing aids have been enabled with the Telecoil setting prior to the ceremony.
On the day of your graduation, EGO staff at the venue will be available to assist you.
For general enquiries, please contact:
Elizabeth King on 011 717 1281/72, Elizabeth.King@wits.ac.za
Amanda-Jane Ringrose on 011 717 1280, Amanda-Jane.Ringrose@wits.ac.za