African Investigative Journalism Conference (AIJC2018)
|When:||Monday, 29 October 2018 - Wednesday, 31 October 2018|
|Where:||Braamfontein Campus West|
The 14th annual African Investigative Journalism Conference (AIJC2018), Africa’s premier gathering of investigative journalists.
This year the conference presents more than 70 speakers in 60 different sessions, including winners of the Pulitzer, Taco Kuiper and Global Shining Light awards.
Participants will come from at least 36 countries. Keynote speakers include Pulitzer Prize-winner Clare Baldwin (for her work on the Philippine drug war); Head of Channel 4 News Ben Pears (who oversaw the Cambridge Analytica sting); Anas Anas (the Ghanaian undercover specialist); Ethiopian blogger Befeqadu Hailu Techie; and former South African Public Protector, Advocate Thuli Madonsela.
Other highlights include:
- the people behind #GuptaLeaks, West Africa Leaks and DubaiLeaks explaining how they did it
- the sharpest new digital and online tools for investigators
- cutting edge data journalism and digital skills
- a television workshop by the head of Channel 4 News, Ben de Pears
- a half-day workshop on media sustainability, with case studies from around the world on what is working
- a Master class in Following the Money - how to investigate financial fraud and corruption
- a focus on how journalists should keep themselves and their work safe and secure
- the best exposés from the best journalists talking about how they broke these stories
More information: http://journalism.co.za/aijc18/Add event to calendar