There are SIX compulsory topics, a compulsory research project and you must register for at least two electives. You must achieve a total of at least 132 points in order to graduate..
Compulsory or Core Topics
- Research Project: APPM4066A
- Mathematical Modelling (APPM4054A), Lecturer: Dr Ashleigh Jane Hutchinson
- Partial Differential Equations (APPM4055A), Lecturer: Professor Mahomed
- Symmetry Methods for Differential Equations (APPM4056A), Lecturer: Professor Moitsheki
- Computational Differential Equations (APPM4057A), Lecturer: Professor Harley
- Global Optimisation (APPM4065A), Lecturer: Professor Ali
- Continuum Mechanics (APPM4059A), Lecturer: Professor Mason
- Digital Image Processing (APPM4058A), Lecturer: Dr Hairong Bau
- Galaxies and the Determination of Cosmological Parameters (APPM4060A), Lecturer: Professor Block
- Optimal Control Theory (APPM4064A), Lecturer: Professor Guo
- Numerical Methods in Mathematics of Finance (APPM4068A), Lecturer: Mr Rodionov
- South African Financial Instruments and Markets (APPM4070A), Lecturer: Mr Rodionov
- Interest Rate Modelling (APPM4073A), Lecturer: Blessing Mudavanhu
For more information about courses on offer, click here.