Critical Architecture and Urbanism - Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Masters Programme 2018
The Wits City Institute has a generous award from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation for a limited number of Masters Scholarships through their Architecture, Urbanism and Humanities Initiative.
This programme has been set up to fund humanities studies that enable new perspectives and directions in thinking around the spatial disciplines. Students will be expected to work closely, either under the supervision or co-supervision, of Professor Noeleen Murray, who is the Andrew W. Mellon Research Chair in Critical Architecture and Urbanism and the Director of the Wits City Institute. Potential candidates, newly enrolled and continuing students but in full-time study at the Masters level are eligible to apply for funding.
The intellectual objective of the Chair is to provide those working in the humanities with a meaningful way of connecting with the study of the conflicting roles of architecture in society.
For further information on the Chair or to discuss whether your academic interests might qualify for support from this fund please email: Info.firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please submit the following documents:
- In the Subject line: Application for Masters Scholarship Funding 2018
- Proof of acceptance into a full-time MA programme at Wits University, applicable to those already registered or enrolled
- A detailed cover letter motivating your application, including a statement of your current research interests (one page)
- A detailed and updated CV
- Names and contact details (including email addresses of three academic referees)
- Should you not follow the guidelines for attaching the necessary supporting documents, your application may not be considered
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Receiving the scholarship is conditional on the student fulfilling all admission criteria.
- Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only. If no correspondence has been received 1 month after the closing date, applicants should consider their applications as unsuccessful
Email your application to: Info.CityInstitute@wits.ac.za by 31 January 2018