ART & EXHIBITIONS
Adler Museum of Medicine
Wits Medical School, 7 York Road, Parktown ( 27 11 717 2067 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
- July: Historical exhibitions of ‘Malaria in context’, the ‘History of Tuberculosis’, and asbestos and asbestos-related lung disease in ‘Wonder Fibre – Serial Killer’ are on display now. A photographic exhibition by David Goldblatt (honorary LLD 2008) augments the displays from 18 July.
- 7-28 September: The annual exhibition of the Adcock Ingram Health Professions Art Group (AIHPAG) will feature the art of around 50 health sciences professionals countrywide who also do art. All health professionals are encouraged to participate. Contact the museum to exhibit your art or for further information.
- 21 July: Join renowned gardening expert Juanita Knox for a breakfast talk for fun and practical advice to enhance your garden or start. The Wits Paediatric Fund hosts the breakfast at the Johannesburg Country Club, Auckland Park, Johannesburg, 07:30 for 08:00. The cost is R200/person. Bookings: 27 11 484-9642 or e-mail Lebogang.Ngwatle@wits.ac.za or Mmatshepo.Tom@wits.ac.za
- 31 July: Alumni Relations, Wits Athletics Club and Varsity Kudus present the ASA/CGA-approved Wits 21km/10km Road Race and 5km intra-varsity fun-run at the Wits Alumni Club, West Campus at 08:00 (21/10km) or 08:30 (5km). Prize-giving at 10:30. Cash prizes and sponsored prizes for random finishers. Entry fees are R50 (21km), R25 (10km) and R10 (non-student/non-staff). Walkers welcome! Enter online: www.sa-active.com or www.enteronline.co.za or on race day. Entries close 22 July.
- 14 August: KwaZulu-Natal Alumni Reunion at which the documentary ‘RFK in the land of apartheid: a ripple of hope’ will be screened.
- 23 November: Founders’ Tea