Residents can enjoy a relaxed and comfortable environment conducive not only to academic study but also to recreation at one of these three Highfield Cluster residences.
Girton, Medhurst and Reith Halls of Residence
Females only, undergraduates across faculties.
First year undergraduates are allocated rooms according to their field of study, as follows -
- Girton - Health Sciences
- Medhurst - Education,Engineering & The Built Enviroment
- Reith - Science
- The Highfield residences are on the Wits Parktown Education Campus between the Medical School and the Wits Parktown Management Campus.
- Housing: 301 students per residence
- Meals: All three residences provide catered accommodation.
- Amenities: study spaces, laundries, basic gym equipment, a "chill" room area, vending machine and kitchenettes in alternate floors.
- 2 TV lounges - one with DSTV and another with Openview channels.
- All bedrooms have central heating.
- Sports facilities and a large computer lab are located nearby.
- Medical facilites nearby.
- WiFi available in all passageways.
- Free Wits bus service to all nearby campuses, and weekend busses to the Rosebank shopping mall
Note: In accordance with University regulations, male visitors are not permitted above the ground floor of each of these residences.
Medhurst, Reith and Girton Hall have been awarded a two-star backpacker and hostelling grade by SA Tourism.
27 St Andrews Road, Parktown
26o 10' 53.0" S
28o 2' 33.6' E
Residence Cluster Manager – Highfield Cluster
Ms Setsi Sekati
Tel: +27(0)11 717 5081
Residence Accommodation Officer – Girton Hall of Residence
Mr Lewis Molefe
Tel: +27(0)11 717 5071
Residence Accommodation Officer – Medhurst and Reith Halls of Residence
Mrs Anna Mokolo
Tel: +27(0)11 717 5091
Visitors/Staff Accommodation - Central Office
Tel: +27(0)11 717 9174/9173/9172