When a student is ready to submit his/her Thesis/Dissertation/Research Report for examination, the supervisor should check with the school’s GSC representative if the student/supervisor has fulfilled the school’s requirement/s to submit his/her work for examination.
Three months prior to submission a student should submit an Intention to Submit Form to the faculty.
The supervisor must ensure examiners have been nominated prior to a student submitting for examination.
A student can submit for examination against the advice of his/her Supervisor/s. In such cases the Head of School will be requested to nominate examiners.
- First Submission Form
- Acquiescence Form
- PDF of submission on a CD – must include signed declaration (PDF file must be less than 5mb)
- Supervisor will advise student if he/she should submit bound copies for examination.
Process following submission:
- A student will receive confirmation of submission via email.
- We endevour to dispatch all examiners reports at least 72 hours after receipt.
- Supervisors will receive confirmation of dispatch via email from the faculty office.
- Examiners are given 6 weeks to examine.
- A spreadsheet tracking examiners reports is available to all Head of Schools and GSC representatives.
- Once all examiners reports for a student is received, the reports are approved and forwarded to the student's supervisor via the GSC representative of that School.
- If there is a discrepancy with examiners reports, the faculty will hold an adhoc committee meeting to consider the examiners reports.