DR. Amadi Ihunwo
B.Med.Sc. Hons. (Port Harcourt); M.Sc. (Calabar); Ph.D. (MUST)
011 717 firstname.lastname@example.org
No Room Number available at present
No Blog information available at presentNo CV available at present vCard
- Human Anatomy to undergraduate and postgraduate students
- BSc, BSc (Hons), MSc & PhD Students
- Head, Gross Anatomy Division
- Member, School Management Committee
- Co-ordinator, ANAT 2020 - Anatomy for MBBCh II, BHSc II & BSc Biomedical Engineering II.
- Chairperson, School?s Curriculum Review Committee.
- School Representative, Faculty Marketing & Public Relations Committee.
- School Representative, Faculty BHSc Undergraduate Committee.
- School Representative, Oral Health Sciences UG Committee
- Member, Faculty MBBCh Undergraduate Committee
- Member, Faculty Teaching & Learning Committee
- Member, School of Therapeutic Sciences Undergraduate Committee
- Member, 2010 FIFA World Cup Faculty Committee
- Member, Faculty Board
- Chair, Faculty 2nd Year Working Party
Neurobiology, Adult neurogenesis, Anatomic variations, and Congenital anomalies.
Principal Investigator, Switzerland-South Africa Joint Research Programme (SSAJRP) 2009-2011
Selected recent publications
- Chetty T, Ajao MS, Manger PR, Ihunwo AO (2009) Behavioural patterns and corticosterone levels induced by chronic psychosocial stress in the four-striped mice (Rhabdomys pumilio) ? J Animal & Veterinary Advances 8 (3): 459-463 [Medwell Online]
- Rodrigues S-L, Maseko BC, Ihunwo AO , Fuxe K and Manger PR (2008b) Nuclear Organization and Morphology of Serotonergic Neurons in the Brain of the Nile Crocodile, Crocodylus niloticus. Journal of Chemical Neuroanatomy 35(1): 133?145 (ScienceDirect)
- Dwarika S, Maseko BC, Ihunwo AO, Fuxe K and Manger PR (2008a) Distribution and morphology of putative catecholaminergic and serotonergic neurons in the brain of the greater canerat, Thryonomys swinderianus Journal of Chemical Neuroanatomy. 35(1):108?122 (ScienceDirect)
- Ihunwo AO, Schliebs R, and Kayanja FIB (2007e) Beta-site amyloid precursor protein cleaving enzyme (BACE1) expression by astrocytes following mu p75-saporin immunolesion in transgenic Tg2576 mice. J Environ Neurosci Biomed 1(2):116-124 (http://csit-service.org/)
- Ihunwo AO, Schliebs R (2007d) Simultaneous identification of tyrosine hydroxylase and choline acetyltransferase neurons. Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances. 6(9): 1116-11190 [Medwell Online]
- Moon DJ, Maseko BC, Ihunwo AO, Fuxe K and Manger PR (2007c) Distribution and morphologyof catecholaminergic and serotonergic neurons in the brain of the highveld gerbil Tatera brantsii. Journal of Chemical Neuroanatomy. 34(3-4):134-144 (ScienceDirect)
- A.O. Ihunwo, H.J Luth, R. Schliebs R, F.I.B Kayanja. (2007) Ultrastructural features of beta-amyloid plaques in aged transgenic Tg2576 mouse brain with Alzheimer plaque pathology. Research Journal of Medical Sciences. 1(2): 55-61 [Medwell Online]
- Ihunwo AO and Pillay S. (2007) Neurogenic sites in the adult mammalian central nervous system. Research Journal of Biological Sciences. 2(2): 170-177 [Medwell Online]
- Ihunwo AO, Phukubye P (2006) The frequency and anatomical features of torus mandibularis in a black South African population. HOMO ? Journal of Comparative Human Biology 57: 253-262. (ScienceDirect)
- Ihunwo AO, FIB Kayanja and UB Amadi-Ihunwo (2004b) Use and perception of the psychostimulant, khat (catha edulis) among three occupational groups in south western Uganda. East African Medical Journal 81(9): 468-473
- Ihunwo AO, J Apelt, S Rossner, FIB Kayanja & R Schliebs (2004a) Efficacy of the mouse specific cholinergic immunotoxin mu p75-saporin in transgenic Tg2576 mouse model of Alzheimer?s disease. Anatomical Science International (Supplement) 79: 226
- Luth HJ, Apelt J, Ihunwo AO, Arendt T and Schliebs R (2003) Degeneration of beta-amyloid-associated cholinergic structures in transgenic APP(sw) mice. Brain Research 977 (1): 16-22
- Mukhtar AU and Ihunwo AO (1999b) Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. East African Medical Journal. 76 (9): 535-536
- Ihunwo AO and Dimitrov ND (1999a) Anatomical basis for pressure on the common peroneal nerve. Central African Journal of Medicine. 45 (3): 77-79.
- Ihunwo AO, Ogbonna CIC Chukwuekezie JO (1998c) Isolation of Nesseria gonorrhoea using urine as a holding medium. East African Medical Journal. 75 (10): 572-575.
- Ihunwo AO (1998b) Keeping dissection alive using HIV/AIDS cadavers. Central African Journal of Medicine. 44 (3): 82-83.
- Ihunwo AO, Osinde SP and Mukhtar AU (1997) Distribution of median nerve to muscles of the anterior compartment of the arm. Central African Journal of Medicine. 43 (12): 359-360.
- Eshleman J L and Ihunwo AO (1999) Anatomy and Surgical Access In: A Textbook of Urology and Nephrology in Africa. Eshleman JL (Ed). Plantijn Casparie Almere. The Netherlands. pp. 11-21.