S tudents wishing to embark on a law degree can choose from three undergraduate programmes for an LLB:
O ur postgraduate programmes are divided into those done by research and those done by coursework:
- LLM by Dissertation: a Masters degree for those who have the time, inclination and ability for in-depth research.
- PhD: a Doctoral degree for which students need to submit a research thesis that meets the standards of a Doctorate.
- LLM by Coursework and Research Project: a Masters degree done by coursework, the LLM nevertheless requires students to complete a research component.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law: incorporating the same coursework content as the LLM, the PGDipLaw does not require students to complete a research component.
- Mandela Institute Certificate Courses: a range of stand-alone postgraduate certificate courses is on offer, covering such topical areas as HIV/Aids law, Refugee Law, Cyber Law and Energy Law, among many others.